Old March 14th 10, 04:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wheelchair

Roughly how much is LU spending on making the network accessible? Is a
billion a reasonable figure? (Not per year but total project cost). I need
to know in order to make a point at a political meeting, so would rather not
just pull a number out of my stoma.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old March 14th 10, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:

Roughly how much is LU spending on making the network accessible? Is a
billion a reasonable figure?

Reasonable figure? It is not reasonable spending _any_ figure on it,
and never will be.

It's a simple, scientific, biological fact that human beings are bipeds.
We walk on two legs. People using wheelchairs are, by definition, not
bipeds and therefore are not human beings. That is a fact. Deal with
it. The law should be ammended to treat them as the sub-human animals
that they are.

--
_
___ ___ | | __ _ _ _
| '_ \/ -_)| ' \ / _` || || || || ' \
| .__/\___||_||_|\__, | \_,_||_||_||_|
|_| |___/

Old March 14th 10, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"solar penguin" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

It's a simple, scientific, biological fact that human beings are bipeds.
We walk on two legs. People using wheelchairs are, by definition, not
bipeds and therefore are not human beings. That is a fact. Deal with
it. The law should be ammended to treat them as the sub-human animals
that they are.

Would somebody like to pass me a crowbar? I'm sure not many people will
miss this ****wit's kneecaps. P'raps he can learn a little empathy.
Old March 14th 10, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

solar penguin wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

Roughly how much is LU spending on making the network accessible? Is
a billion a reasonable figure?

Reasonable figure? It is not reasonable spending _any_ figure on it,
and never will be.

It's a simple, scientific, biological fact that human beings are
bipeds. We walk on two legs. People using wheelchairs are, by
definition, not bipeds and therefore are not human beings. That is a
fact. Deal with it. The law should be ammended to treat them as the
sub-human animals that they are.

The most likely explanation for your post is that you think I intend to
object to such spending and are taking the **** out of what you perceive to
be my mentality. You are quite wrong about my intention.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.

Old March 14th 10, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote on 14 March
2010 14:55:32 ...
solar penguin wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

Roughly how much is LU spending on making the network accessible? Is
a billion a reasonable figure?

Reasonable figure? It is not reasonable spending _any_ figure on it,
and never will be.

It's a simple, scientific, biological fact that human beings are
bipeds. We walk on two legs. People using wheelchairs are, by
definition, not bipeds and therefore are not human beings. That is a
fact. Deal with it. The law should be ammended to treat them as the
sub-human animals that they are.

The most likely explanation for your post is that you think I intend to
object to such spending and are taking the **** out of what you perceive to
be my mentality. You are quite wrong about my intention.

I don't know what your intentions are but I suggest you stop confusing
the issue by having "Wheelchair" as the subject and then asking a
question about accessibility in general. There are far more people who
would benefit from improved accessibility than the number in wheelchairs.
--
Richard J.

Old March 15th 10, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
om
Basil Jet wrote on 14 March
2010 14:55:32 ...
solar penguin wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

[...]

I'm currently one of them, having injured my knee in a fall (on the
summit of the Brocken in Germany, having got there by the Harz narrow
gauge steam railway). I'm using a crutch pending an MRI scan this week,
and while I can manage stairs (slowly and painfully), a lift makes
things a lot easier. I was surprised not to find MIP lifts at Slough
station at the weeked.