Old March 15th 10, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Wheelchair

"Richard J." wrote in message
om
Basil Jet wrote on 14 March
2010 14:55:32 ...
solar penguin wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

Roughly how much is LU spending on making the network accessible?
Is a billion a reasonable figure?

Reasonable figure? It is not reasonable spending _any_ figure on
it, and never will be.

It's a simple, scientific, biological fact that human beings are
bipeds. We walk on two legs. People using wheelchairs are, by
definition, not bipeds and therefore are not human beings. That is
a fact. Deal with it. The law should be ammended to treat them as
the sub-human animals that they are.

The most likely explanation for your post is that you think I intend
to object to such spending and are taking the **** out of what you
perceive to be my mentality. You are quite wrong about my intention.

I don't know what your intentions are but I suggest you stop confusing
the issue by having "Wheelchair" as the subject and then asking a
question about accessibility in general. There are far more people
who would benefit from improved accessibility than the number in
wheelchairs.

I'm currently one of them, having injured my knee in a fall (on the
summit of the Brocken in Germany, having got there by the Harz narrow
gauge steam railway). I'm using a crutch pending an MRI scan this week,
and while I can manage stairs (slowly and painfully), a lift makes
things a lot easier. I was surprised not to find MIP lifts at Slough
station at the weeked.