Old March 25th 10, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Plans to close Wembley Park tube ticket station

On 25 Mar, 12:59, "Recliner" wrote:
"Offramp" wrote in message

There will probably be quite a few unmanned or OPO Tube stations in
the future. They will be a magnet for gangs of all sorts. There'll be
a few deaths among their own number, but nothing will be done about
them until after the first civilian death, ie some late-night punter
like you or me is raped or murdered. Then staff levels might go back
up.

OPO yes, but not unmanned. But what do the staff do in sparsely-manned
tube stations in rough areas do already? *Surely they don't provide any
sort of physical protection from gangs, and CCTV can be monitored from
anywhere.

But CCTV protects us. I've read it in a poster.