Old March 23rd 10, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Plans to close Wembley Park tube ticket station

Plans to close Wembley Park tube ticket station

From Harrow Observer

Mar 23 2010

LEAKED documents have exposed plans to close the ticket office at
Wembley Park Tube Station.

Other ticket offices across Brent are expected to have their opening
times reduced including Kingsbury, Neasden, Dollis Hill and Willesden
Green.

Councillor Navin Shah, Labour London Assembly member for Brent and
Harrow, accused the mayor of London, Boris Johnson, of breaking his
promise to keep ticket offices opened.

He said: "The Mayor promised to protect ticket offices. But the
closures and reductions in opening hours in outer London means he has
broken this promise.

"Boris Johnson misled Londoners when he said that no ticket offices
will close – a proposal that constitutes one of his biggest broken
election promises.

"Nearly five hundred ticket office staff will be lost under these cuts
and many stations will feel less safe and less friendly as a result of
this broken election pledge”.

A Transport for London (TfL) spokeswoman said that despite the
closures, there would still be staff at the stations.

She said: "All our stations will be staffed throughout the day from
first train to last to help and reassure passengers, and all stations
with ticket offices will continue to have one, with opening hours that
meet customer demand.

"Our proposal will deliver the high standards of safety and customer
service that passengers expect, whilst also delivering greater value
for money as all public services must do.

"We are also committed to no compulsory redundancies."

A date is yet to be set for the changes because trade unions have just
entered a period of consultation about the effects the plans could
have on staffing levels.

TfL added: "We have just started consultation and we urge the trade
unions to engage responsibly in that consultation."

London Travelwatch, Transport watchdog, said: "We will be asking TfL
very detailed questions about any proposals to ensure that passengers’
concerns are taken into account.

"We know that passengers want and need staff at stations to give
advice and information, and it is vital that staff are available at
all times.

"This may not necessarily be in a ticket office or not, but we will
want assurances that there will always be staff on hand to help
passengers, as well as to re-assure them.

"We expect to be holding a public meeting about this in the next
couple of months."

.................................................. ....................................
John Burke
WRUG

Old March 23rd 10, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"burkey" wrote in message

Plans to close Wembley Park tube ticket station
From Harrow Observer
Mar 23 2010

LEAKED documents have exposed plans to close the ticket office at
Wembley Park Tube Station.

According to the leaked paperwork they plan to close one of the two ticket
offices at Wembley Park, the Bridge Rd one.

It currently opens for only 3 hours on weekdays, and is already closed Sat
and Sun...

Paul S

Old March 23rd 10, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 23, 10:22*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"burkey" wrote:

Plans to close Wembley Park tube ticket station
From Harrow Observer
Mar 23 2010
LEAKED documents have exposed plans to close the ticket office at
Wembley Park Tube Station.

According to the leaked paperwork they plan to close one of the two ticket
offices at Wembley Park, *the Bridge Rd one.

It currently opens for only 3 hours on weekdays, and is already closed Sat
and Sun...

It's a bloody scandal...
Old March 25th 10, 11:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

There will probably be quite a few unmanned or OPO Tube stations in
the future. They will be a magnet for gangs of all sorts. There'll be
a few deaths among their own number, but nothing will be done about
them until after the first civilian death, ie some late-night punter
like you or me is raped or murdered. Then staff levels might go back
up.
Old March 25th 10, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message

There will probably be quite a few unmanned or OPO Tube stations in
the future. They will be a magnet for gangs of all sorts. There'll be
a few deaths among their own number, but nothing will be done about
them until after the first civilian death, ie some late-night punter
like you or me is raped or murdered. Then staff levels might go back
up.

OPO yes, but not unmanned. But what do the staff do in sparsely-manned
tube stations in rough areas do already? Surely they don't provide any
sort of physical protection from gangs, and CCTV can be monitored from
anywhere.

Old March 25th 10, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 25 Mar, 12:59, "Recliner" wrote:
"Offramp" wrote in message

There will probably be quite a few unmanned or OPO Tube stations in
the future. They will be a magnet for gangs of all sorts. There'll be
a few deaths among their own number, but nothing will be done about
them until after the first civilian death, ie some late-night punter
like you or me is raped or murdered. Then staff levels might go back
up.

OPO yes, but not unmanned. But what do the staff do in sparsely-manned
tube stations in rough areas do already? *Surely they don't provide any
sort of physical protection from gangs, and CCTV can be monitored from
anywhere.

But CCTV protects us. I've read it in a poster.
Old March 25th 10, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/03/2010 12:52, Offramp wrote:
There will probably be quite a few unmanned or OPO Tube stations in
the future. They will be a magnet for gangs of all sorts. There'll be
a few deaths among their own number, but nothing will be done about
them until after the first civilian death, ie some late-night punter
like you or me is raped or murdered.

This doesn't seem to happen at National Rail stations.

Maybe rapists and murders all live north of the river, and can't figure
out how to use mainline trains?

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK