Old April 17th 10, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Tottenham Hale Bus Station

On 17 Apr, 07:25, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:08:37 -0700 (PDT), MIG

wrote:
When did the 123 start using the bus station anyway? *It always went
past in the years when I used it a lot. *I can't remember what used it
apart from the 41.

It's used it all the time that the current bus station has been open.
Until recently I have no memory of the 123 not serving the bus station.
--
Paul C

There was always a driveable-into space there that some buses used,
but whether it could be considered a bus station, I dont know.

As I said, I remember 41s standing there, but that was when they were
still Routemasters, so it'll give an idea of how long ago.

Most of my memory of the 123 is just up to when routes started being
tendered and they went bright yellow. There was still a bus garage in
Walthamstow at the kink in Chingford Road that they ran from* (route
now run by Arriva from Tottenham I think?).

Back then they just went straight past the station at Tottenham Hale
in both directions.

*Although the route didn't go directly past it.