Old May 21st 10, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default the little fare balance screen

"redcat" wrote in message

Trains ran very smoothly, btw, and I lucked out with timing, hardly
having to wait for them at all. Was I just fortunate? Or have things
improved? I notice the Oyster no longer works to save you money. It's
now L1.80 per journey (in zone 1&2 for me)each and every time. Last
year I seem to recall you wouldn't go over a certain amount of money
on a given day within your zones.

Yes, there's usually a pretty frequent service on all the central London
lines. It's sparser on the more distant branches (eg, every ten minutes
or so).

Oyster definitely saves you money. Not only are Oyster fares much lower
than cash fares, but there is still day capping. However, the rules are
complex and the cap is now higher than before, as Oyster is now valid on
more NR routes. This means you're less likely to benefit from it than in
the past.