Old January 20th 04, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Northern Line Timetable 48

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote:
TT48 is due to resume on the Northern Line on Sunday 1 February unless
there are any last minute hitches. This is the timetable that was in
service prior to the derailment at Camden Town. There will then be a
normal service from all branches through the City and CX.

Do you know what has been done to the track and/or trains to eliminate
the
risk of another derailment at the relevant set of points?
--
Richard J.

No idea.
I assume that the original set of points were replaced as they were
damaged. Nothing has been done to the trains as far as I know. You would
have to read the interim report for the reasons for the derailment and
what actions were recommended (other places as well as Camden Town were
identified as possible problem areas) because I can't remember everything
it said.

Obviously the area will have been fully checked and certified as OK and
will have satisfied HMRI before being brought back into service.

Roger