Old June 25th 10, 08:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Massive Disruption at Paddington

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:14:01 +0100 someone who may be tony sayer
wrote this:-

This way ('cos of speed of light..) you can tell instantly exactly here
a cable is being damaged, and signal control center could arrange for
police to arrive on site..

Err .. right.. Ever tried to get old bill to turn up with any urgency in
recent times?...

Telling them that there is someone with a camera seems to work well.

The other one, possibly just a rural joke, is to tell them that they
need not bother any more, as one has now shot the intruders they
didn't have anyone available to deal with.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54