Old January 20th 04, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Northern Line Timetable 48

In article ,
Richard J. wrote:
IIRC the interim report couldn't identify the reasons for the derailment.

IIRC they had identified a (very probable) cause. They didn't say
"this is it" becasue they hadn't checked everything else out. The
probable cause was a design problem on the points, which only occured
when a whole slew of things happened (including: points after sharp curve,
specific co-efficent of friction between wheels and track etc);

Personally, if I were a Northern Line train op, I would want to know what
had been changed before driving over those points. Remember that nothing
was found wrong with the points or the train or the way it was being
driven, and the derailment occurred at only 20 mph.

I'd want to know that The Powers That Be knew, and had done the
Right Thing. I would probably trust the Union Health & Safety Rep's
advice.

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.