Old July 20th 10, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default DLR Stratford International

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:29:41 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 11:42:06 on
Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Batman55 remarked:
I wonder if TPTB will ever submit to reality and stop calling it
Stratford "International", as everyone knows that international
services will never call there.

And maybe "Ashford Not Very International" !

How many international trains have called at Birmingham International?

I think it's time to get rid of this "International" nonsense... maybe
it wasn't the intention, but I think it makes us seem even more
parochial. As you say, there's Birmingham International, not named
for the trains but then why not Gatwick/Luton/Stansted/Manchester/etc.
International? Portsmouth Harbour International.

A journey by Southeastern on HS1 is plagued with internationals,
normality only returning after Ashford or Ebbsfleet.

Stratford International - Stratford High Speed
Stratford - (fully known as) Stratford Regional

(OT: Next time we have a few millions spare - 2030? - put a kink in
the North Kent line at Ebbsfleet as well and have a proper station
there.)

While we're at it, let's have all trains from/to St P appearing on the
same station displays and web pages. That *would* be international
(and Kentish). Job done.

Richard.