Old July 15th 10, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR Stratford International

In message , at 11:42:06 on
Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Batman55 remarked:
I wonder if TPTB will ever submit to reality and stop calling it
Stratford "International", as everyone knows that international
services will never call there.

And maybe "Ashford Not Very International" !

How many international trains have called at Birmingham International?

Old July 15th 10, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 11:42:06 on Thu, 8
Jul 2010, Batman55 remarked:
I wonder if TPTB will ever submit to reality and stop calling it
Stratford "International", as everyone knows that international
services will never call there.

And maybe "Ashford Not Very International" !

How many international trains have called at Birmingham International?

Ah, that inspires a thought - perhaps the idea is that after HS2, trains
will run from Stratford and Ashford (or, as i like to call them,
Stratshford) Internationals to Scotland?

tom

--
People don't want nice. People want London. -- Al
Old July 15th 10, 06:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 15, 6:33*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 11:42:06 on Thu, 8
Jul 2010, Batman55 remarked:

I wonder if TPTB will ever submit to reality and stop calling it
Stratford "International", as everyone knows that international
services will never call there.

And maybe "Ashford Not Very International" !

How many international trains have called at Birmingham International?

Ah, that inspires a thought - perhaps the idea is that after HS2, trains
will run from Stratford and Ashford (or, as i like to call them,
Stratshford) Internationals to Scotland?

The line between them already crosses the frontier that is the Thames.
Old July 16th 10, 01:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15/07/2010 18:33, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 11:42:06 on
Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Batman55 remarked:
I wonder if TPTB will ever submit to reality and stop calling it
Stratford "International", as everyone knows that international
services will never call there.

And maybe "Ashford Not Very International" !

How many international trains have called at Birmingham International?

Ah, that inspires a thought - perhaps the idea is that after HS2, trains
will run from Stratford and Ashford (or, as i like to call them,
Stratshford) Internationals to Scotland?

Maybe they called it Stratford International because it was intended to
get trains to the Isle Of Sheppey.

Old July 17th 10, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . li, Tom
Anderson writes
Ah, that inspires a thought - perhaps the idea is that after HS2,
trains will run from Stratford and Ashford (or, as i like to call them,
Stratshford) Internationals to Scotland?

Excuse me sir, have you been drinking?
--
Clive

Old July 17th 10, 11:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010, Clive wrote:

In message . li, Tom
Anderson writes

Ah, that inspires a thought - perhaps the idea is that after HS2,
trains will run from Stratford and Ashford (or, as i like to call them,
Stratshford) Internationals to Scotland?

Excuse me sir, have you been drinking?

Yesh. Shtandard prosheedure before poshting on thish newshgroup!

tom

--
And dear lord, its like peaches in a lacy napkin. -- James Dearden
Old July 18th 10, 12:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message i, Tom
Anderson writes
Excuse me sir, have you been drinking?

Yesh. Shtandard prosheedure before poshting on thish newshgroup!

You want to try Alt.autos.toyota, there's some real Merkin bone heads on
there.
--
Clive

Old July 20th 10, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:29:41 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 11:42:06 on
Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Batman55 remarked:
I wonder if TPTB will ever submit to reality and stop calling it
Stratford "International", as everyone knows that international
services will never call there.

And maybe "Ashford Not Very International" !

How many international trains have called at Birmingham International?

I think it's time to get rid of this "International" nonsense... maybe
it wasn't the intention, but I think it makes us seem even more
parochial. As you say, there's Birmingham International, not named
for the trains but then why not Gatwick/Luton/Stansted/Manchester/etc.
International? Portsmouth Harbour International.

A journey by Southeastern on HS1 is plagued with internationals,
normality only returning after Ashford or Ebbsfleet.

Stratford International - Stratford High Speed
Stratford - (fully known as) Stratford Regional

(OT: Next time we have a few millions spare - 2030? - put a kink in
the North Kent line at Ebbsfleet as well and have a proper station
there.)

While we're at it, let's have all trains from/to St P appearing on the
same station displays and web pages. That *would* be international
(and Kentish). Job done.

Richard.