Old July 24th 10, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Route Validators - compulsory to touch?

In article IaM1o.256993$tH4.187331@hurricane, (Roy
Badami) wrote:

On 21/07/10 22:29, skyguy wrote:
I should never have mentioned the Wimbledon tram issue! The point was
really about the pink validators...

Hey, it's all relevent to my basic point, which is:

Ever since they made it more complicated than "touch in at the
start of your journey; touch out at the end of your journey" I
don't have confidence I understand what I'm supposed to touch,
when. And every year it seems to get more complicated.

Maybe if I used it every day it would be intuitive to me, but as an
occasional Oyster user I find the whole system increasingly
confusing.

The point is that the arrangements at Wimbledon are completely unique
because the trams start within the station gated area and, unlike for a
bus, passengers have to touch in before boarding.

--
Colin Rosenstiel