Old July 30th 10, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Rucksacks worn on the tube

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010, d wrote:

I had to use the tube today and had the pleasure of some eejit wearing a
rucksack in front of me constantly swivelling it about and bumping me.
Happily I managed to get my own back when I got off the train by just
shoving past their rucksack and almost knocking them over but shouldn't
there be some sort of bylaw for not wearing huge rucksacks to deal with
these sorts of idiots who seem to think they're still trecking in nepal
even when squashed on the victoria line?

Yes, there should. Also people who roll their little rolly cases in the
tube passageways, and people who think that just having stepped off a
train is the right time to put their bag down and fiddle with it.

And also people who only start retrieving their ticket when they get to a
gate.

And people who think right in front of an entrance or the foot of an
escalator is the right place to stand in groups of a dozen and discuss
where to go.

And people who walk down the middle of a passageway, occupying the whole
thing, at a speed slower than intended by anyone else. Admittedly this
only applies to wide people and narrow passages, but this is London, and
that is a frequent combination.

Do we in fact need a taxonomy of intolerable underground behaviour?

First person to mention people using escalators while not carrying a dog
gets a kicking.

tom

--
sh(1) was the first MOO