Old January 23rd 04, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonn Elledge Jonn Elledge is offline

Default The Richmond Park/Wilmbeldon Common Rail/Tube/Decent Bus gap

Rich Johnston" wrote in message
m...
Take a look at a map. Find Richmond PArk. Find Wimbledon Common. Find
the space in the middle. That's me. I live in Robin Hood Lane,
Kingston Vale, just off the A3.

There is no tube or train station for miles. There is a series of
trainlines that circle the parks. There are connecting buses but they
all take council estate diversions.

I would love... LOVE... a tube or train station on the A3, maybe near
Asda, maybe Roehampton at a push. Or even a direct bus that goes from
Kingston to Putney through Tibbets Corner (and not the Roehampton
estates).

What are the chances of my dream being fulfilled?

I wouldn't have thought the chances of a train or tram were too great as it
looks like it would be a lot of exepensive infrastructure to serve
relatively few people. Lobbying for a direct bus may be the best shot -
Kingston to Clapham Junction or something, perhaps with a couple of express
sections.

Jonn