Old January 23rd 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default The Richmond Park/Wilmbeldon Common Rail/Tube/Decent Bus gap

Rich Johnston wrote:
Take a look at a map. Find Richmond PArk. Find Wimbledon Common. Find
the space in the middle. That's me. I live in Robin Hood Lane,
Kingston Vale, just off the A3.

There is no tube or train station for miles. There is a series of
trainlines that circle the parks. There are connecting buses but they
all take council estate diversions.

I would love... LOVE... a tube or train station on the A3, maybe near
Asda, maybe Roehampton at a push. Or even a direct bus that goes from
Kingston to Putney through Tibbets Corner (and not the Roehampton
estates).

What are the chances of my dream being fulfilled?

Zero. Your little area is already served by the 85, K3 and 265 buses. OK,
they go through the Roehampton estates, but the K3 goes through *your*
estate, and I thought it then ran fairly directly to Norbiton and Kingston.
That means you'll be one short bus journey away from Crossrail in 10 years
time. (Perhaps)

Alternatively, you could move to somewhere that wasn't surrounded by park,
common and golf course.
--
Richard J.