Old January 23rd 04, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sunny Dale Sunny Dale is offline

Default The Richmond Park/Wilmbeldon Common Rail/Tube/Decent Bus gap

Well you have the following

K3 - Roehampton Vale (Asda)-Kingston-Esher (bear in mind this route in years
has had more capacity over the years)
85/N85 - Kingston-Putney Bridge
265 - Tolworth Broadway to Putney Bridge (former part of the 72 southern
end)

Not too far away

72 - Roehampton to East Acton
430 - Roehampton-West Brompton (former 74 Southern end)
57 - Kingston to Streatham Hill
39 - Putney Bridge to Clapham Junction via Southfields

To be placing a tram is in practical due to location of where you are.

Well ths Tibbetts Corner to Kingston should be interesting do you reckon
many people would use it?
"Rich Johnston" wrote in message
m...
Take a look at a map. Find Richmond PArk. Find Wimbledon Common. Find
the space in the middle. That's me. I live in Robin Hood Lane,
Kingston Vale, just off the A3.

There is no tube or train station for miles. There is a series of
trainlines that circle the parks. There are connecting buses but they
all take council estate diversions.

I would love... LOVE... a tube or train station on the A3, maybe near
Asda, maybe Roehampton at a push. Or even a direct bus that goes from
Kingston to Putney through Tibbets Corner (and not the Roehampton
estates).

What are the chances of my dream being fulfilled?

---