Old August 9th 10, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Red and White bus stops

On Aug 9, 3:31*am, Clive wrote:

wrote:

On Aug 5, 5:11*pm, MaxB wrote:
Walking along Widmore Road in Bromley today I noticed (how sad am I)
that I was passing a White bus stop, although the one on the other
side was Red. How common is this and why would it be done on what is a
fairly ordinary residential/A Road?

How many places in the world have any compulsory stops
apart from where the bus starts, ends or waits for time?

Aren't compulsory stops, Fare Stages?

I don't think Fare Stages exist in London any more - London buses have
been flat fare for the past several years, and I don't think there's
any usage of Fare Stages 'behind the scenes' either.