Old August 9th 10, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wheatley Ken Wheatley is offline

Default Red and White bus stops

On 2010-08-09 03:31:33 +0100, Clive said:

In message
,
writes
On Aug 5, 5:11*pm, MaxB wrote:
Walking along Widmore Road in Bromley today I noticed (how sad am I)
that I was passing a White bus stop, although the one on the other
side was Red. How common is this and why would it be done on what is a
fairly ordinary residential/A Road?

How many places in the world have any compulsory stops
apart from where the bus starts, ends or waits for time?

Aren't compulsory stops, Fare Stages?

There was always a misconception that that was the case caused, I
think, by the fact that compulsory stops are often at important
locations that were also fare stages. But not all compulsory stops were
fare stages, and not all fare stages were compulsory.