Old August 17th 10, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
martyn dawe martyn dawe is offline

Default 'Runaway train' on London Tube

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:09:08 -0500,
wrote:

In article
,
(1506) wrote:

On Aug 13, 11:07*am, Charlie Hulme
wrote:
Tim Fenton wrote:
It's downhill from where the coupling broke (between Highgate and
Archway), through Tuffie Park (you can see the falling gradient from
the southbound platform) and Kentish Town and probably through
Camden Town. But I suspect - though I don't have a gradient profile
- that it flattens out before Euston.

Don't the underground tube stations generally have up-gradients
on the approach and down-gradients on exit to assist braking and
acceleration respectively?

AFIK, only the LU Central Line.

IIRC most of the Yerkes tubes have humps to some extent but not as
pronounced as the Central London Railway's

Most engineering trains I have seen were top and tailed by a loco, was
this train only out with one loco ?