Old August 28th 10, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Luap Luap is offline

Default TfL Live Running Information

On Aug 28, 8:00*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Aug 28, 7:11*pm, " wrote:

Is there much chance that the TfL "live departure board" information
will at some point be improved to lessen the incidence of specific
displays defaulting to nondescript destinations such as "Unknown",
"District Line", "Special", "Awaiting confirmation" etc.? *I realise
that there will be some occasions where at a given time the
destination of a given train might be indeterminate but not to the
extent that the boards would sometimes have us believe. On other
occasions the destination display can go to the opposite extreme of
depicting locations in terms of the "road number" of the particular
sidings in which the train will berth following its last set-down
point. A happy medium would be a preferred option.

I'm just curious as to how many genuine punters make use of the LU
live departure boards, given the frequent service on many parts of the
network?

Quite a lot, it's the quickest and most reliable way of seeing if your
line is disrupted before setting off for the station.