Old August 29th 10, 11:32 PM posted to nyc.transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default BMT "Standards" front window?

On 29/08/2010 22:13, Lawrie Davidson wrote:
On Aug 28, 1:22 am, "Richard wrote:
wrote on 27 August
2010 23:49:40 ...

Are there any railfan friendly cars on LU or DLR??

Not on LU, as all trains have full-width cabs front and rear which are
not accessible to passengers and with no windows between them and the
passenger areas.

--
Richard J.
(to email me, swap 'uk' and 'yon' in address)- Hide quoted text -

I do seem to recall, when I used to commute on the Northern Line, that
the older trains had a small aperture in the door into the driver's
cab containing the emergency candle that had glass either side and you
could get a view forward by squinting through this. I did get rather
strange looks from other passengers as it appeared that I was looking
directly at a solid door. Sad, eh !!
Lawrie

That's happened to me a couple of times on the Central line. Sometimes
the peephole from the driver's cab would be missing, allowing you a
pretty decent front view.

Best not to make a habit of that, however.

The Lille Metro, has full viewing, which is great.