Old September 5th 10, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Another Borris Bendy Bursts into Flames

In message , Steve Dulieu
writes

Oy, I spluttered on my Weissbier on that you git.

Well played.

Apparently the German ones are just as fire happy as the London
versions. It seems to be a Citaro thing.

I think it is time to re-post Rob Smith's song from 28/09/04, all
together now...

'Bendi-fear' is spreading through the capital
as people Wake Up To The Dangers of these flame-prone vehicles and start
thinking of other ways to get to work.

Shamelessly playing on these misgivings, here's my latest topical tribute
song. The video will feature Mr Keith Flint dancing in a threatening way in
Stockwell Bus Garage, hanging mockingly from the back platform of a
Routemaster ("RM") as London whizzes by all speeded up behind him, or
silhouetted repeatedly against the flames of another burning bendi.

I'm the siren starter, fckin' blaze creator.
I'm the safety scandal, danger-illustrator.

(hey!)
engine trying to start
engine trying to start

I'm a firestarter, bendi firestarter.
You're the scared commuter, you'll get home much later.
I'm a firestarter, bendi firestarter.

I'm the bus you hated, RM-infatuated.
Yeah. I'm the smoke you tasted, plastic-seat-related.

(hey!)
engine trying to start
engine trying to start

I'm a firestarter, bendi firestarter.
You're the cycle-buyer, back-street route collator.

I'm the self-inflicted diesel detonator.
Yeah. I'm the heat reflected, twisted metal-maker.

(hey!)
engine trying to start
engine trying to start

I'm a firestarter, bendi firestarter.
You're the train preferrer, work-at-home converter.
I'm a firestarter, bendi firestarter... starter... starter...
Starter...