Old January 27th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Acrosticus Acrosticus is offline

Default Headstop / Tailstop

From: "John Rowland"
Date: 26/01/2004 22:01 GMT Standard Time

With the imminent death of the
Routemaster, headstops and tailstops will disappear.

Erm, there's a bus stop flag marked "Head Stop" outside Much Hadham Village
Hall and rear entrance deckers haven't served the place for 32 years. What's
more it's one of the Department of Transport's standard types introduced in the
late 1970s and was erected about 1980 or 1981 to replace the ex-LT one that was
still there 10 or 11 years after London Country was formed.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the demise of head/tail stops if I were
you!