Old January 27th 04, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Headstop / Tailstop

SabineUK wrote:
Richard J." said:

If they are instructions as to where the bus
should stop relative to the sign,

They are.

I think not. I thought that the headstop and tailstop were the
names given to the stops at the ends of a route, but I can't
remember which is which.

You thought wrong.

Headstop is where Routemaster stops with the cab next to the stop
rather than the platform.

OK, it seems I was mistaken, but there are one or two references on the web
that seem to use the term to mean terminal stop, so I'm not the only one.

Simple observation (like, um, spotting headstop signs
mid-route) will tell you this.

It's only simple if you can see one, and I can't say I have. Where are
there mid-route Headstop or Tailstop signs in West or Central London?

--
Richard J.