Old September 18th 10, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default DLR + NR PAYG Fares

On 16/09/10 11:48, MIG wrote:
I was a bit surprised to find that combined DLR + NR PAYG prices seem
to be the same as for LU only, rather than as for NR only or as for LU
+ NR.

That doesn't seem to be generally the case.

The single fare finder prices Island Gardens to Deptford [National Rail]
as 1.40 peak 1.30 off-peak, so it seems to be pricing that as NR+LU --
LU only would be 1.30 at all times.

However, West India Quay to London Bridge [National Rail] for example
does appear to be priced as LU only. I wonder if it's significant that
this journey can also be made by DLR+tube. I guess it's just priced as
if you only use TfL services, regardless of whether you actually use NR
or not?

-roy