Old October 6th 10, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default Travelcard from Bat & Ball

In article ,
Mizter T wrote:

On Oct 6, 4:58*pm, (Roy Badami) wrote:

wrote:
[...]
You can
certainly but London Terminals day returns from Ely at Cambridge. Many
do so to bypass the evening peak restrictions.

I'm sure I've heard this before, but if it was ever true, it doesn't
appear to be now.

Checking NFM07, the restriction codes for Off-Peak Day Returns from
Cambridge and Ely are the same (both J8).

That doesn't appear to mesh with the info on the FCC website he
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=134

Ely is in 'zone E' and is therefore no evening restrictions apply, or
so it says.

Yes, you're right -- sorry to be speading misinformation.

I only skimmed the text for J8 and missed the text that explicitly
exempts journeys from Kings Cross to certain destinations (including
Ely) from the evening restructions.

In my defense, that text is relatively new (it appears it came in in
NFM 06) which is probably why I hadn't noticed it. Well, that's my
excuse and I'm sticking to it :-)

-roy