Old July 15th 03, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default "London Rail"

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Has anyone seen: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/

On a minor note, do we *have* to use the roundel for absolutely

everything?
(including Dial-a-Ride!) I could cope with tube, buses and trams... even
river services... but I thought the DLR logo looked much smarter *not* as

roundel, and as for Street Management, the PCO, Victoria Coach station...
etc.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Makes absolute sense to me. It clearly links all the different parts of the
TfL empire together, making it obvious what TfL controls. The roundel is
already synominous with transport in London, and is too strong a brand to
ditch.

Incidently, the corporate logo guidelines can be found he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/about/corp...os-index.shtml

I'm expecting the brown and blue Rail logo as seen he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/
to start appearing on the pilot South London Metro stations in time for the
launch this autumn. (I suspect that the big blank white panels on the new
Twickenham station sign, for example, will permit the logo to be added
underneath the National Rail logo).

Colin