Old November 21st 10, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Massive panoramic photo of London

On Nov 21, 5:30*pm, "Richard J." wrote:
MIG wrote on 21 November 2010 15:26:17 ...

On Nov 21, 2:38 pm, Basil *wrote:
On 2010\11\21 01:44, Richard J. wrote:

Basil *wrote on 20 November 2010
20:30:42 ...
http://www.360cities.net/london-photo-en.html

Thanks, but I can't stand large photos that make you drag it in the
"wrong" direction, i.e. the opposite way to Google Street View or PDF
files viewed with Adobe Reader. Do others find this totally
counter-intuitive?

Interestingly the arrow keys work the same way as in Google Street View,
and the mouse kind of works the same as the arrow keys, so it's the
mouse operation in Google Street View which is the odd one out, because
it moves the world whereas the others all move you.

Yes, the arrows and mouse in this follow were I am looking, rather
than moving what I am looking at. *This seems intuitive to me, given
that the world generally stays where it is while I change where I am
looking.

If you're looking out of a window at the world and you want to see
what's out of view to the right, you physically move left in order to be
able to see further to the right,

No I don't; I turn my head to the right in nearly every situation.
Only having tried that instinctive action will I determine whether I
need to adjust my position to see round an obstacle.

But I would never turn my head to the left to see right.