Old November 29th 10, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] furles@mail.croydon.ac.uk is offline

Default London Bridge waiting rooms?

On Nov 29, 3:27*pm, (Roy Badami) wrote:

A google search finds very little information about women-only waiting
rooms, but I did find one suggestion that they went out of favour
largely as a result of such concerns.

It used to be Ladies waiting room and General waiting room; I've never
seen a Gentlemen's waiting room; were there ever such things? There
were also 1st and 3rd class waiting rooms, but that was before my
time. There were also Ladies only compartments of course; I'm not
sure when they went out of use, but they were still around in about
the early '70s.