Old December 2nd 10, 07:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
TimB[_2_] TimB[_2_] is offline

Default Thameslink programme to go ahead "in it's entirety"

On Dec 1, 2:46*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 08:23:36 -0600

wrote:
In article , (Roy
Badami) wrote:

In article ,
Paul Scott wrote:
Underfloor engines on bi-mode IEP have been getting mentioned in most
rail mags for a few months, but last week's announcement by Hammond
that they were definitely one of two options for off the wires running
was the first formal mention, I think.

Hmm, I though the original statement I read just talked about "a
modified IEP" or some such as one of the option - no technical details
that I recall. *Have more details been released since that statement,
then?

It's sufficiently modified for Bombardier to cry "foul" over the
procurement process, apparently.

Can someone explaimn the fuss about bimodes? The french have had them
for a while and they seem to work ok.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/B_82500

B2003

As I keep saying - but I think only at 160km/h and in a bigger body.
Still, should be relatively easy to adapt.
Tim