Old December 7th 10, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default "Oyster Card barrier blunders cost passengers £

On Dec 7, 1:56*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 05:36:51 -0800 (PST)

Paul wrote:
take a bus, but anyone on Oyster PAYG would have to touch out at Seven
Sisters and touch in on the bus, thereby incurring an extra fare.

Yes, it does make me laugh when i hear "buses are accepting tickets" being
mentioned by official channels. Since when does a bus NOT accept an Oyster
or travelcard?

I'd also just love someone at TfL to explain why flat fares are ok for the
buses but not the tube. I suspect I'll never get a sensible answer to that
one.

B2003

But surely, in those circumstances, where Oyster pay as you go is
being used, it is important NOT to swipe the card on the bus, in just
the same way that when I am transferred from a short-running bus to
the one behind, I NEVER swipe my card. Nobody has yet questioned my
refusal!

Marc.