Old December 23rd 10, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_4_] Clive Page[_4_] is offline

Default How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

In message ,
writes
But the worst thing is the outrageous padding in the timings, presumably
to avoid any delay claims even when they lost time.

I think they have been getting practice on the Thameslink route, where
the "emergency" timetable in place for the last week and a bit gives
most trains nearly an hour to get from Luton to London (fastest journey
usually 32 mins electric, 23 mins diesel). Today is the first day that
this "emergency" timetable (I put that in quotes because it's 10 days
since the last significant snowfall around here) has now, for the first
time been loaded in the Journey Planner. And today it seems that the GN
route has the same lack of Journey Planner information. Wait a couple
of weeks and it will all get solved, I'm sure. :-)

--
Clive Page