Old December 23rd 10, 07:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How do FCC get away with their emergency GN timetable?

In article , (Clive Page)
wrote:

In message ,
writes
But the worst thing is the outrageous padding in the timings,
presumably to avoid any delay claims even when they lost time.

I think they have been getting practice on the Thameslink route,
where the "emergency" timetable in place for the last week and a
bit gives most trains nearly an hour to get from Luton to London
(fastest journey usually 32 mins electric, 23 mins diesel). Today
is the first day that this "emergency" timetable (I put that in
quotes because it's 10 days since the last significant snowfall
around here) has now, for the first time been loaded in the Journey
Planner. And today it seems that the GN route has the same lack of
Journey Planner information. Wait a couple of weeks and it will
all get solved, I'm sure. :-)

They promised it would be in Journey Planner but only this afternoon.
Looks like it's there now.

Then comes tomorrow's service...

--
Colin Rosenstiel