Old December 24th 10, 10:09 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default LUL Movia S stock impressions

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:41:18 -0800 (PST)
sehinde raji wrote:
Amersham. Another thing that struck me was how narrow the carriages
were compared to the old trains. Looks like a SARDINE car to me. I

According to wikipedia (yeah I know, but try finding another reference) they're
actually *wider* than A stock. 2.92m vs 2.90m. Which is actually larger than
mainline loading gauge so I wonder if there are any issues when hauling
them from the factory?

I haven't been on the S stock but if the interior space is as badly used
as on the 2009 stock with pointlessly thick chunky walls everywhere then I can
understand why they might seem cramped.

B2003