Old December 24th 10, 10:35 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default LUL Movia S stock impressions

wrote in message

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:41:18 -0800 (PST)
sehinde raji wrote:
Amersham. Another thing that struck me was how narrow the carriages
were compared to the old trains. Looks like a SARDINE car to me. I

According to wikipedia (yeah I know, but try finding another
reference) they're actually *wider* than A stock. 2.92m vs 2.90m.
Which is actually larger than mainline loading gauge so I wonder if
there are any issues when hauling
them from the factory?

Yes, I recently posted the specially cleared, slightly convoluted route
that Rail published.