Old January 2nd 11, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default 2010 Travelcard fares against 2011

In article ,
Martin Petrov wrote:
plus my
debit card coped with such a large transaction (without the bank's
algorithms denying the transaction due to unusual spending patterns....)

I have to admit that I was likewise pleasantly surprised when I bought
my first annual Travelcard last week and my bank didn't screw me.

I guess maybe TfL a considered low risk for fraud purposes. (Besides,
they do know where you are every time you touch in/out, so if someone
bought an expensive Travelcard on a stolen card it should be fairly
easy for the cops to nab them, I guess)

-roy