Old January 1st 11, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 2010 Travelcard fares against 2011

has anyone got the 2010 travelcard fares to hand (I've tried googling and
it appears the official sources have understandably removed them)

I was trying to take the plunge and get a 12 month 1-3 travelcard today
to get the year at 2010 prices, but the Oystercard website is only giving
me an option of a ticket from tomorrow, which I hadn't appreciated would
be the case - before I trek up to the tube station, I was looking to find
out exactly how much I'd be saving for 2010 v 2011 - £50 over the course
of the year? More? I know that on average it's 6.7%, but I know there
some variation.

Old January 1st 11, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I don't know how many stations are likely to have a ticket
office open on New Years Day though?

Yippee - Leytonstone did have someone at the ticket window today, plus my
debit card coped with such a large transaction (without the bank's
algorithms denying the transaction due to unusual spending patterns....)
so all sorted at 2010 levels.
Old January 2nd 11, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 16:20:48 -0800, MIG wrote:

It's only 6%.

well - it might be "only" 6%, but it's an £80 difference between buying
on the 1st of Jan and buying on the 2nd of Jan, and if I'd screwed that
one up, I'd have been kicking myself.
Old January 2nd 11, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Martin Petrov wrote:
plus my
debit card coped with such a large transaction (without the bank's
algorithms denying the transaction due to unusual spending patterns....)

I have to admit that I was likewise pleasantly surprised when I bought
my first annual Travelcard last week and my bank didn't screw me.

I guess maybe TfL a considered low risk for fraud purposes. (Besides,
they do know where you are every time you touch in/out, so if someone
bought an expensive Travelcard on a stolen card it should be fairly
easy for the cops to nab them, I guess)

-roy