Old January 14th 11, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Boris stokes it up with Tube unions with talk of automatic trains

On 14/01/2011 22:25, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 19:54:04 +0000, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 14/01/2011 16:11, Mizter T wrote:

Just looked at the title I used for this thread, it's probably not the
best - I'd originally written "talk of driverless trains", prompted by
the BBC's piece which uses that phrase, but then edited it to say
"automatic trains" instead, given that Boris seemingly didn't use the
word 'driverless' during his spiel.

The full spiel (or what the alien lizards want us to think is the full
spiel) is he

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/d...on-tube-unions
===================
[...]

[snip]

Thanks for digging that out. I just goes to show that it is best to read
things in their full context. Seemed pretty well balanced to me and not
the hysteria inducing nonsense "edit" we were initially presented with.

Quite. Though I bet "well balanced" doesn't attract anything like the
number of sales/viewers/clicks that "Boris/Bob [delete according to
taste] Kills Your Kittens!" does....

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK