Old February 4th 04, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
David H Wild David H Wild is offline

Default Dudden Hill freight Line

In article , John Rowland
wrote:
Someone in the transport industry has informed me that some or all of
this has recently had its track restored. He expressed surprise that it
is still a double-track alignment, especially since the three recent
plans to put passenger trains on the line are all dead (Heathrow - St
Pancras, Crossrail via Amersham, and Virgin trains from the South Coast
via Feltham to Nottingham or thereabouts).

Why is it still double track? How many trains use it per day? Are there
any live plans to increase freight usage or introduce passenger services?

Is it possible that it was cheaper to relay than to do all the signalling
design work for singling?

--
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | / Acorn StrongArm Risc_PC