Old February 4th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Dudden Hill freight Line

Hi all,

Someone in the transport industry has informed me that some or all of this
has recently had its track restored. He expressed surprise that it is still
a double-track alignment, especially since the three recent plans to put
passenger trains on the line are all dead (Heathrow - St Pancras, Crossrail
via Amersham, and Virgin trains from the South Coast via Feltham to
Nottingham or thereabouts).

Why is it still double track? How many trains use it per day? Are there any
live plans to increase freight usage or introduce passenger services?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 4th 04, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In article , John Rowland
wrote:
Someone in the transport industry has informed me that some or all of
this has recently had its track restored. He expressed surprise that it
is still a double-track alignment, especially since the three recent
plans to put passenger trains on the line are all dead (Heathrow - St
Pancras, Crossrail via Amersham, and Virgin trains from the South Coast
via Feltham to Nottingham or thereabouts).

Why is it still double track? How many trains use it per day? Are there
any live plans to increase freight usage or introduce passenger services?

Is it possible that it was cheaper to relay than to do all the signalling
design work for singling?

--
__ __ __ __ __ ___ _____________________________________________
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | / Acorn StrongArm Risc_PC
___________________________/
Old February 4th 04, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

David H Wild wrote:

In article , John Rowland
wrote:

Someone in the transport industry has informed me that some or all of
this has recently had its track restored. He expressed surprise that it
is still a double-track alignment, especially since the three recent
plans to put passenger trains on the line are all dead (Heathrow - St
Pancras, Crossrail via Amersham, and Virgin trains from the South Coast
via Feltham to Nottingham or thereabouts).

Why is it still double track? How many trains use it per day? Are there
any live plans to increase freight usage or introduce passenger services?

Is it possible that it was cheaper to relay than to do all the signalling
design work for singling?

Possible - and long may it continue: I think it still has semaphore signals.

Though I'd sacrifice the signals for a good passenger service along it -
e.g. Eurostar St.Pancras to Heathrow.

Colin McKenzie