Old February 23rd 11, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default Pram Rage Incident

This was in the Evening Standard last night

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...by-her-hair.do

I think you just have to say that there is no excuse for this type of
behaviour, and I hope the couple responsible are caught and punished.
I would also be very sorry for the child of the couple responsible, it
is not a very good example to set. What must it be like to grow up
with such aggressive and rude parents.

I travel on buses all the time, and sometimes I have to get out of my
seat to make way for a buggy. Probably no-one likes having to give up
a set, but sometimes there are things you have to do in a civilised
society.

On the other hand, there is only so much space that can be provided
for buggies, and sometimes you just have to accept that the space is
full up and try to be as accomodating as possible.

I travelled on a 55 from Leyton to Holborn during the Boxing Day tube
strike, and there were two buggies plus my small suitcase in the space
reserved for buggies. However, we all managed to get along fine, so
where there is a will, there is a way.

Sadly I think that this incident is a comment on society in general,
where it is "me, me me" all the time, and "s*d anyone else.

I just repeat my earlier comment that this behaviour is totally
unacceptable.