Old February 23rd 11, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Pram Rage Incident

This was in the Evening Standard last night

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...by-her-hair.do

I think you just have to say that there is no excuse for this type of
behaviour, and I hope the couple responsible are caught and punished.
I would also be very sorry for the child of the couple responsible, it
is not a very good example to set. What must it be like to grow up
with such aggressive and rude parents.

I travel on buses all the time, and sometimes I have to get out of my
seat to make way for a buggy. Probably no-one likes having to give up
a set, but sometimes there are things you have to do in a civilised
society.

On the other hand, there is only so much space that can be provided
for buggies, and sometimes you just have to accept that the space is
full up and try to be as accomodating as possible.

I travelled on a 55 from Leyton to Holborn during the Boxing Day tube
strike, and there were two buggies plus my small suitcase in the space
reserved for buggies. However, we all managed to get along fine, so
where there is a will, there is a way.

Sadly I think that this incident is a comment on society in general,
where it is "me, me me" all the time, and "s*d anyone else.

I just repeat my earlier comment that this behaviour is totally
unacceptable.

Old February 23rd 11, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:48:10 -0800 (PST)
Paul wrote:
This was in the Evening Standard last night

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-thug-drags-mo
her-off-london-bus-by-her-hair.do

I think you just have to say that there is no excuse for this type of
behaviour, and I hope the couple responsible are caught and punished.
I would also be very sorry for the child of the couple responsible, it
is not a very good example to set. What must it be like to grow up
with such aggressive and rude parents.

That behaviour was beyond aggressive, it was psychotic. Even a "normal"
thug doesn't beat up a woman with a child on a bus in full view of dozens
of witnesses just for trying to manouver her pram. He's probably some ****ed
up cannabis or steroid abuser with some equally messed up loser girlfriend who
tags along with him.

B2003

Old February 23rd 11, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-pram-rage-thu...
her-off-london-bus-by-her-hair.do

I think you just have to say that there is no excuse for this type of
behaviour, and I hope the couple responsible are caught and punished.
I would also be very sorry for the child of the couple responsible, it
is not a very good example to set. What must it be like to grow up
with such aggressive and rude parents.

That behaviour was beyond aggressive, it was psychotic. Even a "normal"
thug doesn't beat up a woman with a child on a bus in full view of dozens
of witnesses just for trying to manouver her pram. He's probably some ****ed
up cannabis or steroid abuser with some equally messed up loser girlfriend who
tags along with him.

B2003

If they are caught and brought before the courts, I would like to see
them punished by being banned from ever travelling on a bus again.
Presumably these days that would be against their "human rights". But
in order to have human rights, you need to behave like a human being,
which doesn't apply in this case.
Old February 23rd 11, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 02:02:49 -0800 (PST)
Paul wrote:
If they are caught and brought before the courts, I would like to see
them punished by being banned from ever travelling on a bus again.

A couple of years in prison first I would hope. Won't happen of course.

Presumably these days that would be against their "human rights". But

No doubt. Though hopefully as the baby boomer generation of idiots currently
sitting at the top of the legal profession slowly retire and die off one can
only hope sanity will return.

in order to have human rights, you need to behave like a human being,
which doesn't apply in this case.

Sadly neither did anyone else in the bus while they just sat there and
did nothing.

B2003

Old February 23rd 11, 03:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , d ()
wrote:

in order to have human rights, you need to behave like a human being,
which doesn't apply in this case.

Sadly neither did anyone else in the bus while they just sat there and
did nothing.

That's the bit which is, to say the least, disappointing.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old February 24th 11, 03:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul wrote:
[...]

The whole point about "human rights" is precisely the opposite - it's
about saying that no matter how scummy someone is, there are certain
things they nonetheless deserve, such as a fair trial, due process,
and the absence of torture and deliberately degrading treatment.

However, contra the lies of the tabloids and far-right motormouths,
the concept doesn't prevent people being justly punished in line with
the law. For example, this is why Ian Huntley is in jail and will
remain there forever, rather than being given a Kensington mansion at
the taxpayers' expense and his own playgroup.

In this case, it would be completely reasonable, and completely legal
under existing laws for TfL to take out an ASBO against these
individuals, banning them from using public transport. This is done on
a regular basis, with about 80 ASBOs a year taken out by TfL.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org