Old March 6th 11, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Martin Petrov[_2_] Martin Petrov[_2_] is offline

Default Stratford after Crossrail

From a dig around it seems that the Crossrail portal will be where
Pudding Mill Lane Station is now. Therefore the DLR line is to be swung
south and a new station will be built. Similarly it looks like a NR line
is also swung south too. I would guess the land currently being
prepared will be the new alignment for DLR and NR and this will be built
first together with whatever civil work is needed for the portal itself
and its relationship with the foundations for the revised alignments.

Once the DLR and NR run on their new alignment then I would guess the
work for dive unders and ramps for the Crossrail lines will be built.

I guess too that we'll have to wait until the Olympics are complete
before anything too disruptive happens. You have to assume that it would
also involve creating a doubled-track for the DLR, even if it looks
tricky between Bow Church and PML - but I'm pretty sure that even after
the Olympics, Stratford will become a major destination and the DLR route
from offers a key corridor for people to get up to the Westfield Centre
etc.

Plans No. 47, 50 and 52 are the ones for PM Lane and Stratford but it's
a tad hard to piece together.

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/railway/g...rossrail-bill-

supporting-documents/?folder=/l0/552/l1/553/asset/3692#asset

Thanks - but yes, it did make my eyes hurt staring at those maps

Looking at plan 52 it doesn't seem as if Crossrail does anything
fundamental at Stratford. You have to expect that all the Olympics work
is more than enough other than a tart up, resigning and some new DMIs!

Aye - it was always likely that there would be no major surgery done on
Stratford with all the other stuff going on around it now - though I
wonder if there will be any knock on to services to non-Shenfield
services which already use those platforms - everything non-Crossrail
will obviously now have to use 9-10 (again, I think I've got the right
numbers) which could cause further limitations?