Old March 6th 11, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Stimpy Stimpy is offline

Default Stratford after Crossrail

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:09:49 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:33:39 +0000 (UTC), Martin Petrov
wrote:

I know that the portal for Crossrail is going to be at Pudding Mill Lane,
and indeed, all the works are set up just south of the DLR stations -
however, assuming that the aim is for trains to use platform 5 coming
westbound from Shenfield and 8 (?) for the Eastbound trains, the Crossrail
trains will need to go over (or under?) the DLR to get to the portal, if
it's south of the DLR - what's the plan? Also - how will services run
during the works, as surely the line from those platforms into L'pool St
will have to be severed sooner or later?

(I've had a look around and struggled to find any up to date info on how
Stratford fits into the Crossrail picture - does anything have any
interesting links about the work going on there? Stitching everything
together looks a particularly interesting and complicated problem and I'd
love to know how it's all going to happen.)

From a dig around it seems that the Crossrail portal will be where
Pudding Mill Lane Station is now. Therefore the DLR line is to be swung
south and a new station will be built. Similarly it looks like a NR line
is also swung south too. I would guess the land currently being
prepared will be the new alignment for DLR and NR and this will be built
first together with whatever civil work is needed for the portal itself
and its relationship with the foundations for the revised alignments.

Once the DLR and NR run on their new alignment then I would guess the
work for dive unders and ramps for the Crossrail lines will be built.

Plans No. 47, 50 and 52 are the ones for PM Lane and Stratford but it's
a tad hard to piece together.

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/railway/g...ll-supporting-

documents/?folder=/l0/552/l1/553/asset/3692#asset

Looking at plan 52 it doesn't seem as if Crossrail does anything
fundamental at Stratford. You have to expect that all the Olympics work
is more than enough other than a tart up, resigning and some new DMIs!

If you walk from PML station to the Olympic accreditation centre and
reception building (known for some reason as OPEPO), pretty much the entire
distance is now alongside Crossrail hoardings behind which they're digging a
very big hole.