Old March 6th 11, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Stratford after Crossrail

"Martin Petrov" wrote in message

Aye - it was always likely that there would be no major surgery done on
Stratford with all the other stuff going on around it now - though I
wonder if there will be any knock on to services to non-Shenfield
services which already use those platforms - everything non-Crossrail
will obviously now have to use 9-10 (again, I think I've got the right
numbers) which could cause further limitations?

That isn't the plan - east of Stratford (inclusive) Crossrail shares it's
route with the remaining GEML slows - just like on the GW it doesn't have
reserved tracks. So west of Stratford trains for Liverpool St will 'take a
left' at a junction and swing round over the Crossrail route onto their
original alignment. Crossrail will be the main route and Liverpool St the
branch, in terms of numbers of trains.

Paul S