Old March 6th 11, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Martin Petrov[_2_] Martin Petrov[_2_] is offline

Default Stratford after Crossrail

That isn't the plan - east of Stratford (inclusive) Crossrail shares
it's route with the remaining GEML slows - just like on the GW it
doesn't have reserved tracks. So west of Stratford trains for
Liverpool St will 'take a left' at a junction and swing round over the
Crossrail route onto their original alignment. Crossrail will be the
main route and Liverpool St the branch, in terms of numbers of trains.

Paul S

I see - thanks - I'm surprised that the plan is to mix and match the
Crossrail and non-Crossrail services on the same tracks - though I'm not
sure what I thought would happen east of Stratford, so I suppose they
have to merge somewhere....will the same thing happen west of Paddington?