Old June 4th 11, 07:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
bearded bearded is offline

Default Olympic impact on commuters and deliveries - serious worries

Dear all

I need to pick brains urgently re impact of the Olympics and their
Travel Plan. I'm concerned that we may find travel to wok and
deliveries disrupted. Here's the detail:

We are based at Cherry Garden Pier in Bermondsey. That's off Jamaica
Road, which is part of the Olympic Road Network.

We are committed to intensifying our Westminster-Tower-Greenwich
service during the Olympics.

That means about 70-80 people coming in to work at Bermondsey between
0600 and 0900 and more at intervals throughout the day. Departures run
from about 1600 to 2400.

We also have deliveries including spares and supplies, perishables and
other food and drink, which typically arrive 0800-1100 - and of course
all the rubbish from the boats [thousands of passengers], pier and
offices is collected daily.

I'm told that there is a risk of delay to any bus service which touches
the Olympic Road Network, and delays to 'non-Oly travellers' using the
Jubilee and rail routes., all of which are well-used by staff.

I'm planning a survey to find out staff travel routes etc and logging
delivery times/volumes. And of course talking to the local council /
TfL etc. What else?

Any / all suggestions welcome

Ken