Old June 28th 11, 05:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
peter peter is offline

Default un register an Oyster card

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to cancel a registration on an Oyster card?

I travel to London most years and I have a card that I registered a number
of years ago. On my last trip I was give a £20 Visitors Oyster card as a
promotion. Being unaware of the complications I registered the 2nd card with
a slightly different user name (just added 2 to the name and I had to use a
different email address as the system checks email addresses. I realise
now,I should have just added the value to my existing card, but that was a
trap for a infrequent user.

When I had used up most of the credit on the Visitors card I tried to
transfer the remaining value to the first card. But this is not possible as
"it belongs to an existing customer" (me ).

I suppose I could just use up as much of the Visitors card then chuck it
away, but combining it would be more satisfying.

cheers

Peter
Sydney Oz.