Old June 28th 11, 05:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default un register an Oyster card

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to cancel a registration on an Oyster card?

I travel to London most years and I have a card that I registered a number
of years ago. On my last trip I was give a £20 Visitors Oyster card as a
promotion. Being unaware of the complications I registered the 2nd card with
a slightly different user name (just added 2 to the name and I had to use a
different email address as the system checks email addresses. I realise
now,I should have just added the value to my existing card, but that was a
trap for a infrequent user.

When I had used up most of the credit on the Visitors card I tried to
transfer the remaining value to the first card. But this is not possible as
"it belongs to an existing customer" (me ).

I suppose I could just use up as much of the Visitors card then chuck it
away, but combining it would be more satisfying.

cheers

Peter
Sydney Oz.

Old June 28th 11, 06:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 15:59:59 on Tue, 28 Jun
2011, Peter remarked:
Is it possible to cancel a registration on an Oyster card?

You can certainly change the registration, I had to do that via the
hotline earlier this year. But it took half an hour, so might not be
cost-effective.

I travel to London most years and I have a card that I registered a
number of years ago. On my last trip I was give a £20 Visitors Oyster
card as a promotion. Being unaware of the complications I registered
the 2nd card with a slightly different user name (just added 2 to the
name and I had to use a different email address as the system checks
email addresses. I realise now,I should have just added the value to my
existing card, but that was a trap for a infrequent user.

When I had used up most of the credit on the Visitors card I tried to
transfer the remaining value to the first card. But this is not
possible as "it belongs to an existing customer" (me ).

I suppose I could just use up as much of the Visitors card then chuck
it away, but combining it would be more satisfying.

If both are registered for online use (which may involve doing an
auto-topup of the Visitor card - assuming that's allowed at all) you may
be able to transfer it yourself. But maybe others can comment on this.
Old June 28th 11, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

why not just top it up to an amount that you want to spend that day, and
then chuck it away

tim

Old June 28th 11, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter" wrote:
[...]

Why not simply hold on to the second card, give it to someone when they're
heading to London, then just forget all about it?

Old June 28th 11, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message ...

"Peter" wrote:
[...]

Yes, probably the easiest solution.
Thanks for the replies.