Old June 28th 11, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default un register an Oyster card

"Peter" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to cancel a registration on an Oyster card?

I travel to London most years and I have a card that I registered a number
of years ago. On my last trip I was give a £20 Visitors Oyster card as a
promotion. Being unaware of the complications I registered the 2nd card
with a slightly different user name (just added 2 to the name and I had
to use a different email address as the system checks email addresses. I
realise now,I should have just added the value to my existing card, but
that was a trap for a infrequent user.

When I had used up most of the credit on the Visitors card I tried to
transfer the remaining value to the first card. But this is not possible
as "it belongs to an existing customer" (me ).

I suppose I could just use up as much of the Visitors card then chuck it
away, but combining it would be more satisfying.

why not just top it up to an amount that you want to spend that day, and
then chuck it away

tim